Making snacks appears like a big ordeal specially when the guests or family members are health conscious. Snacks is always considered to be deep fried and loaded with fats. However there are many healthy options available too. Here is the assorted list.
7 Best & Easy To Make Vegetarian Snacks
1. Mixed Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 180° C Put sprouts in a non-stick pan, add bhuna masala and ½ cup water and mix well. Cook till dry.
- Brush melted butter all over the spring roll pieces. Place 2-3 pieces in each silicon mould. Put the spiced sprouts in each mould over the wrappers.
- Cut cheese into thin slices and break into small pieces. Put jalapeno slices in each mould and over that keep the cheese pieces.
- Place the moulds in a tray and bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the sprouts cup from the moulds serve hot.
2. Achari Pineapple
- Peel pineapple and remove the stem. Cut into 1 inch pieces and transfer into a bowl.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds on a non stick pan. Cool and grind into a coarse powder. Sprinkle this powder on the pineapple.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, black salt, garam masala powder, onion seeds, chaat masala, ginger-garlic paste, mustard oil and salt and mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Thread onion, capsicum and pineapple alternately on satay sticks and place the sticks in the pan. Cook turning sides till evenly golden all around.
3. Vada Chaat
- Drain and grind black gram with very little water into a thick smooth paste. Roughly chop curry leaves and add to the paste along with coconut, crushed peppercorns, salt and green chillies and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Dampen your hands with water, take a small portion of the mixture and slide into hot oil. Repeat this to make more vadas. Deep-fry the vadas till crisp and golden. Drain on absorbent paper and soak the vadas in sufficient water.
- Squeeze and arrange the vadas on individual serving bowls. Top with yogurt, sweet tamarind chutney, green chutney, chilli powder, cumin powder, black salt, sev and fresh coriander.
4. Green Corn Soup
- Place corn, milk and spring onion greens in a blender jar and blend into a smooth puree.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add refined flour and sauté for ½ minute.
- Add pureed mixture, 2 cups water, salt and pepper powder, stir to mix and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens
5. Bread Pakoda
- Place the cheese in a bowl. Chop the spring onion greens and add. Chop the spring bulb and add along with green chillies.
- Place gram flour in a bowl. Add carom seeds, salt, baking powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and enough water. Whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Also heat a non stick grill pan. Lightly toast the bread slices on the grill pan. Spread date and tamarind chutney on 4 toasted slices and mint and coriander chutney on the remaining 4.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the slices with date and tamarind chutney and cover with the slices with mint and coriander chutney and press gently. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
- Dip the triangles in the gram flour batter and slide into the oil and deep fry till golden and crisp.
6. Chatpata Corn
- Heat a non stick pan. Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and chop finely. When the pan is well heated, add the jowar and toss and roast.
- When the jowar begins to puff, cover and let them puff completely. Remove the lid and cool. Remove the seeds from the cucumber and chop finely.
- Place the tomatoes and cucumber in a mixing bowl. Add corn, peanuts, red chilli powder, salt, chaat masala and lemon juice. Chop coriander leaves and add. Toss with 2 spoons.
7. Mango Pineapple Oats Crumble
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Cut mangoes into small cubes. Add a pinch of cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Place the oats in another bowl, add honey and mix. Put some of oats-honey mixture into 4 ramekin moulds and spread evenly.
- Halve each pineapple slice and fit into the moulds over the oats. Put the mango cubes evenly over the pineapple.
- Put some oats-honey mixture over the mango. Place the moulds in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot.
Powered by Facebook Comments