Methi Puris are very delicious and very popular snack amongst Gujaratis. They are easy to make and go well while travelling or during tea time.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Fenugreek (methi)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander-Cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp oil for greasing
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of about 75 mm (3″) diameter.
- Grease a baking tray using oil, place 6 to 8 puris at a time on it and prick all over using a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or till the puris are golden brown, turning them once in between.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make more puris in 2 more batches.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Powered by Facebook Comments