With the IPL just over, sports enthusiasts are not done yet this year. Also, we’re just about half way into the year right now and have tons of games to go. With football being a constant through the year, it’s great either to have a date night at home or to call friends over to catch a match. Either way, what’s most important at a match night besides the match itself? Food! You’re at the right place if you’re looking for yummy finger food recipes that are easy to make and are also yummy in your tummy.
Pork/Chicken cocktail sausages- 500gms
For the sauce
Tomato Ketchup- 5 tbsps
Chilli Sauce- 5 tbsps
Worcestershire sauce- 3 tbsps
Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 tbsps
Mustard Sauce- 2 tbsps
- Heat your pan up and add half of the butter that you have.
- Add your sausages and cook them till the outsides start getting slightly charred or crispy
- Next, make your barbeque sauce by adding all the ingredients and whisking it together.
- Now, just add the sauce to the crispy/charred sausages and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stick some toothpicks to each and serve hot!
Tomato and Rocket Bruschetta
Garlic Baguette- 1 loaf
Tomatoes- 8 big ones or 20 cherry tomatoes
Rocket leaves- 250 gms
Olive oil- 5 tbsps
Balsamic Vinegar- 2 tbsps
Honey- 2 tbsps
- Cut thin and equal sized portions of the baguette
- Chop tomatoes and rocket leaves finely.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey. Whisk this mixture well.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add a few drops of olive oil and toast your baguette slices.
- Now mix in the dressing with your finely chopped tomatoes and rocket.
- Place the mixture on the baguette slices and serve immediately.
Sweet Potato Crisps
Sweet Potato- 10
Pepper- 4 tbsps
Salt- 1 tbsps
Paprika- 2 tbsps
Raw Mango Powder- 2 tbsps
Oil- 2 cups
- Thinly slice your sweet potatoes in circle, it has to be thin enough and seem almost transparent.
- Heat your oil in a pan, making it ready to deep fry the potatoes.
- In a bowl mix all the powdered ingredients and taste to add salt accordingly.
- Also, you can add more paprika based on how much spice you can take.
- Now once the oil is heated, deep fry the thin slices of potatoes.
- Layer a basket or tray with oil-absorbent tissues and put your potatoes on it to strain out excess oil.
- Take a big serving bowl, add your crisps and toss with the mixed powders.
- Serve hot.
These are basic finger food recipes which you can also improvise with. The sausage recipe can be made for vegetarians as well with potato wedges. Also, you can add some mince cooked in beef stock with salt and pepper to the tomato mixture for a non-vegetarian bruschetta. Get creative with the finger food you serve at match nights instead of just popcorn and pizza.
Powered by Facebook Comments