Shahrukh Khan has remained a favorite of people worldwide for not just acting alone. The actor has several titles to his name, given by some of the most reputed institutions. He is also among those few who give back to society be it through his charity or social work. Let’s take a look at Shahrukh Khan’s Honorariums and generous contributions.
Shahrukh Khan’s Honorariums
- His most recent honor is the Degree of Doctor Honoris Causa from the Royal Highness the Edinburgh University in 2015.
- In 2002 he received the national honor of the Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in the Field of Entertainment.
- His first honor was British Asian Guild Award for Best Actor of the Decade in 2004.
- He was awarded the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French government for his “exceptional career” in 2007.
- Great Britain’s University of Bedfordshire awarded him an honorary doctorate in arts and culture in 2009.
- He became the first Indian actor to be given the rare honor of signing the guest book at Berlin’s Town Hall in 2010.
- Time Magazine recognized him as the 13th most influential person in the world.
- He was gifted a luxurious villa in Dubai’s most exotic property area Palm Jumeirah in the year 2007.
- Shahrukh Khan’s honorarium also includes a black belt in Taekwondo by the Korean government in 2009.
- Other than Madam Tussaud in London the actor has another lifelike wax statue of him displayed in Grévin museum in Paris. Gandhi was the only other Indian to receive a similar honor.
- A goldcoin was also named Shahrukh Khan and kept at a museum in Paris.
- Shahrukh Khan’s honorariums also includes the prestigious Brand Laureate Legendary Award for his unmatched contribution to the Indian Cinema and also for being India’s foremost brand ambassador in Malaysia in 2012.
- He was honoured as the Goodwill Ambassador for South Korea in 2013.
- The Yale University felicitated him with the Chubb Fellow Award for his contribution to art and social activism.
Charity and Social Work
- Shahrukh Khan contributed about Rs. 1 crore towards the victims of the devastating floods of Chennai in 2015.
- His company Red Chillies Entertainment has donated Rs 25 crore towards ‘Social and Rural development’ during the year 2014.
- In the year 2012, he had adopted 12 villages during NDTV’s Greenathon project in which they created awareness about the environment.
- He had donated his IPL money, a sum of 2.5 million Indian rupees to PM Manmohan Singh for Tsunami Relief camp.
- The actor recently agreed to perform in a concert only to raise money to help the poor farmers in the state of Maharashtra.
- Shahrukh Khan is very closely involved with Make A Wish Foundation NGO. He is close to kids and this NGO primarily woks in fulfilling dreams of underprivileged children.
- The money which Shahrukh Khan earns by giving interviews is always used for charity.
- Once a reporter was injured after interviewing Shahrukh Khan and his case was critical. Shahrukh Khan ensured he gets all his treatments properly and even paid for his bills. The amount went upto Rs. One lakh per day which Shahrukh undertook.
- On a different note, Shahrukh Khan’s honorariums also includes the Unesco Pyramide con Marni award. This was given to him for his charity engagements and social commitment towards providing education for kids. He is amongst the first Indians to win this accolade.
Shahrukh Khan does his bit for the society but he doesn’t believe in showing it off or saying it out loud. The actor has always come forward for the causes he feels for. He is also a part of governmental campaigns for AIDS and Pulse Polio.
Must Watch Top 10 Bollywood Movies Before 2017 Ends
Powered by Facebook Comments