We consider the millennial kids to be privileged, be it with the amenities they have or the entitlements they are loaded with. These days children are exposed to every privilege much earlier than their previous generations were. These facilities certainly benefit them but there glitches too. Let’s analyze.
Following are some of the aspects where the millennial kids take a backseat
1. Loss of Innocence
First of all, they lose out on simplicity. Life for them becomes fairly tough starting from carrying the bulky schoolbags to living upto everyone’s expectations. Stress often gets the better of them. They hardly have time for themselves. Attending school, tuition, sports camps etc. form an inherent part of their schedules. In the barter, they lose out on being the young, vulnerable indecisive kids. They are forced to grow up faster.
2. Resort to shortcuts
Discipline is lacking in most of them. They do not like to be told what should they do. Most millennial kids prefer to do whatever they deem correct. They have little or no patience. Juggling between so many priorities, they occasionally become annoyed and irritated. They resort to short cuts to achieve things by hook or crook.
3. Too Many Choices
The word ‘scarcity’ is unheard of. Think of cartoon channels, shopping malls, online games, food options, toys etc everything is available in abundance. Most millennial kids have so many options and alternatives that lose out on the anxiety or hardship involved in those accomplishments..
Having said that, it would be unfair to write off this privileged lot without mentioning the positives of the millennial kids:
1. They are much more intelligent compared to their seniors. The ability to understand and grasp concepts is quite apparent in them.They are much more sorted emotionally and can influence people basis their psyche study.
2. Millennial kids appear to be born with some inherent skill to operate gadgets. They figure out their way around the gadget in a jiffy. It all looks like a child play for them!
3. Managing so many activities and balancing between them certainly bring out their multi-tasking skills.
4. They are highly competitive. Pitted against friends or siblings, they put in their level best to excel on all fronts. Be it for the marks achieved in final exam or medals grabbed in sports, a competitive spirit always drives them.
5. Lastly, unlike their prior generations, they are much more independent. Less intervention from parents makes them stronger and prepared for challenges.
On an overall analysis, it is clear that the millennial kids are confident, smart and boisterous. However, there are a few factors which pull them down in terms of their behavior and attitude. The moot point which lingers on is that whether they are really blessed or are they just lucky enough to be born in this era?
Many Questions Answered About The Blue Whale Challenge
Powered by Facebook Comments